Wakefield Hospice, a special connection

Our founder John Monaghan tragically lost his battle with cancer on 3rd July 1991. He spent time in Wakefield Hospice in it’s first year of opening and as a family we’ve been supporting them ever since; by hosting events; trekking cross country and up mountains; and jumping out of planes.

Joining the Advocate scheme is a natural step for us to continue our support of this beloved charity. As an Advocate we have joined a small group of businesses whose values align with those of Wakefield Hospice, and who provide an annual donation to help the hospice care for local patients and their families all year round.

Wakefield Hospice has been supporting local patients with life-limiting conditions and their families for over 30 years. For some patients this is to allow symptoms to be managed so that they can return home whilst for others this can be for care in the final short days of life. The care services provided by the hospice are free of charge, ranging from the in-patient care through to wellbeing services, complementary therapy and bereavement support. The hospice provides care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

With around 25% of the hospice’s funding coming from government sources, the charity must raise the other 75% of their running costs every single year. This is done through a variety of fundraising methods including hosting events, individual giving, gifts in Will, through their charity shops and, of course, through their advocacy scheme which we are proud to be a member of.

If you would like join us in supporting Wakefield Hospice please visit www.wakefieldhospice.org.

Join Our Newsletter

Our newsletter is a great way to find out what’s happening here at John Planck, John Monaghan and HAF. See the latest projects we’re working on, exclusive previews of new products and receive invaluable tips from the experts straight to your inbox.

By signing up to our newsletter you will be emailed by John Planck Ltd as set out in our privacy policy. Your personal information is kept securely as detailed in our privacy policy and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Contact Us

Request A Catalogue

By completing this form, you will be emailed by John Planck Ltd as set out in our privacy policy.